Professional Heating & Furnace Tune-Up
TAM A/C & Heating specializes in residential heating and furnace tune ups for homes in Katy, Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond, Cypress, Fort Bend County, and Houston
Prevent costly repairs with annual Heating & Furnace Tune‑ups
What does a Heating tune up include?
Our heating tune up includes checking the performance of the blower belt and motors, inspection of all electrical connections, calibration of the thermostat and more.
Get a Heating Tune Up and prevent costly repairs. Our technicians will complete our 20 point air conditioning inspection and tune up.
- Inspecting the burner: Our heating technician will ensure the burner on your furnace is free of contamination so it continues to work at its best.
- Cleaning air filters: Cleaning air filters periodically will improve air flow and prevent your indoor air from becoming filled with contaminants.
- Cleaning blower components: Since the blower components of the system play a major part in keeping your indoor air clean, it is important to clean them out to ensure their performance is not interrupted.
- Test combustion air openings: Combustion air openings can become blocked and lower system efficiency. A test run will ensure that no blockage is present and if it is present, the technician can take steps in removing it.
- Adjust fan control: Adjusting the fan on your furnace will allow for better air flow, thus increasing the efficiency of the system and improving indoor air quality.
- Inspecting the combustion chamber: Any contamination in the combustion chamber can prevent proper heating and, at worst, prove a major safety hazard. A technician will clean it out to so you have a heating system that is not putting your safety at risk.
- Fixing thermostats: The technician can calibrate the thermostat in your home so it is set at a temperature that will meet your unique specifications or, if it is not working at all, determine whether you need repair or replacement.
- Inspecting heat exchangers: Heat exchangers are the heart of the system, especially when it is essential to inspect the system. The transfer of heat from where it is generated to the medium that distributes through the house is critical for efficiency.
- Inspecting the flue: A technician can check the flue to see if a duct or pipe is blocked with contaminants or products of combustion are accumulating.
- Lubricating moving parts: Providing components with the proper amount of lubrication will ensure the furnace doesn’t start making loud noises when it operate and preserve its level of energy efficiency.
- Inspecting belts for cracks: Any belt requires some flexibility, but this also means it can give way to cracks. Though the cracks on the belt might not be immediately visible, a thorough inspection of the system is needed to ensure even the smallest damaged is spotted and fixed.
- Inspecting thermocouple: A thermocouples measures the temperature in the system, so it is absolutely essential for a technician to check it as it proves one of the most common sources of early failure.
- Adjusting the pilot light: It is important for the pilot to be functioning right for proper turn-on of the system. A technician will also check the color of the pilot light, as a yellow pilot light can indicate the presence of carbon monoxide. P.W. Essig also offers carbon monoxide testing.
- Tightening electrical connections: Electrical connections can loosen over time, especially in structures like a heating system, so tightening all of the connections prevents one common source of problems.
- Testing manifold gas pressures: The manifold is where gas flows from the source to the main burners, so checking the pressure there will identify any gas flow issues.
- Cleaning the vestibule interior: The vestibule creates an air lock between the inner furnace components and the outer door, so this must be kept clean to prevent contamination and inefficiency.
- Checking gas line for leaks: A gas leak is a huge safety hazard, but fortunately a heating technician at P.W. Essig will have the experience and equipment to detect even the smallest leak, which can save you from experiencing a fire or even combustion.
- Check safety controls: Safety should always be the main concern in a heating system, so the safety controls should be checked regularly to ensure your furnace will not put anyone’s well-being in jeopardy.
- Checking for noise and vibration: Loud noises indicate problems with the furnace’s internal components, which is why a technician will often inspect the root of the problem.
- Conduct operational test: Finally, a full operational test will make sure that the tune-up was done correctly. It’s the technician’s way of ensuring everything in your furnace is in working order and ready to protect you from the cold.
Oscar, and his company are wonderful to do business with, he came highly recommended from a friend of mine. When we first called him he came out and advised us what we should do and gave us several options. He and his crew installed 2 new A/C units in our house in 1 day. Outside of regular maintenance issues, they have worked beautifully in the 3 years we've had them. He always answers or returns calls and is quick to offer solutions....
Jul 17, 2022
Oscar came out and took his time evaluating my issues, worked up a quote for several different options, and handled himself in a professional manner. When it was time to do the work, the guy showed up on time and were extremely professional while they were in my house. They did a great job fixing my issues and they even clean up after themselves. I had a great experience and would recommend them to anyone. I got quotes from 5 different a/c companies and TAM was very competitive on pricing.
Jul 29, 2017
We had an emergency situation with our HVAC & they came out to diagnose the problem within hours. We had called around and no one else was available. Being new homeowners & expecting a baby we were very stressed. Luckily we found TAM, they were amazing. Knowledgeable, professional, friendly. If you are looking for a legit HVAC company highly reccomend, they also have very fair prices and I believe they offer financing if you need. Give them a call!
May 17, 2022