Professional Air Conditioning Tune-Up
TAM A/C & Heating specializes in residential ac tune ups for homes in Katy, Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond, Cypress, Fort Bend County, and Houston
Prevent costly repairs with annual AC Tune‑ups
What does AC tune up include?
Our ac tune up includes checking the performance of the blower belt and motors, inspection of all electrical connections, calibration of the thermostat and more.
Get an AC Tune Up and prevent costly repairs. Our technicians will complete our 26 point air conditioning inspection and tune up.
- Blower Motor – measure amperage and voltage for proper operation
- Thermostat – test for proper operation, calibrate, and level
- Cleaning existing air filter (as needed)
- Bearing – inspect for wear and lubricate
- Inspect indoor coil if accessible
- Confirm proper return air and size
- Inspect Condenser Coil
- Refrigerate – monitor operating pressures
- Safety Devices – inspect for proper operation
- Electrical Disconnect Box – inspect for proper rating and safe installation
- Electrical Wiring – inspect and tighten connections
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure Supply/Return temperature differential
- Inspect ductwork for energy loss
- Compressor – monitor, measure amperage and volt draw and wiring connections
- Check Unit for Time Delay Relay
- Check Unit for Isolation Pads
- Inspect suction line for proper fittings
- Inspect all fittings for signs of oil and/or leakage
- Check lines and fittings with refrigerant leak detector
- Check the condition of Blower Belt, if applicable
Scheduling regular AC tune-ups for your air conditioner will keep your system living longer, lower your monthly utility bills, prevent expensive repairs/breakdown and keep your AC warranty valid.
Signs you’re due for an AC tune-up
- Your cooling bills are higher now than in recent years but your AC usage hasn’t changed
- Your AC no longer keeps you cool on hot days
- Summer is coming and you want to ensure your AC won’t break down
For years they have been reliable and a trustworthy company. Over the years, any time that we have needed them, Oscar has made sure that he, personally or anyone avaliable reports to our home to service our unit promptly which is so much appreciated in our Houston climate. We highly recommend them. They have been servicing and maintaining my home's ac units and my extended family's as well for years. You can count on them.
Jul 29, 2019
Quick note to let Oscar and his team know that we couldn't have been happier with the service that we received earlier this year on our 2 AC units. Professional technician visited our home with appropriate PPE and completely fixed our AC problem for what I considered a very reasonable price. Looking forward to working with them again when airscrubbers are available. Thank you!
Oct 15, 2020
I made a phone call and TAM A/C & Heating was at my home as promise that very same day, and did a good job locating the problem, and explaining to me the issue that is going on with the unit, I do appreciate it, and yes I will be calling them back.
Aug 11, 2021